Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

2011 Reading Challenges Update

In late December I posted two different reading challenges for 2011, The International Book Challenge  and The 2011 Chunkster Challenge. With one month of the year gone I thought I would update my progress, and invite anyone who has also taken one of the above challenges to post their progress in the comments section. And before anyone asks, I do not consider it cheating to count single book for both challenges if it fits the criteria.

For the International Book Challenge, my goal is 10 books by authors not born in my country (the US). To date I have finished two: The Winter Ghosts by Kate Mosse (England) and The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon (Spain).

For the Chunkster Challenge, I have completed one of the eight books I hope to finish that are more than 450 pages in length: The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon (531 pages).

And for anyone who wonders how my struggle with Ulysses is going, it is still a struggle. But if I can slog my way though it I get a 768-page whale for the Chunkster Challenge and can check Ireland off my list of countries visited for the International Challenge.

Good luck, stay warm, and keep on reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment